Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

A Childhood Passion

A Childhood Passion
As a child we think as a child, we play as child, we dream big, sore high, and imagine the impossible.
Children possess the ability to play hard, create, pretend, and discover all things new.
Memories were made….
built from love and the talents of our young minds which were pure at heart.

One of my many childhood passions was playing Chinese Checkers with my Granddaddy Sam. This was something we both loved to do. Hours would go by before we realized it. It was a pastime passion of fun, laughter and competition. This passion was among many which include my drawing set, my paints, playing in the dirt, and Barbie dolls.

Go back to the time when you were younger….a child….and recapture your passion.
What were you infatuated with as a child? Where did your passion lie? What do you remember that was "Oh so very precious" to you?


"When I was a child, I spoke as a child; I understood as a child,
I thought as a child…….."  1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV
It’s good to remember our passions…….Please share your childhood passion with us!




@ Heartfelt and Homemade

14 comments:

  1. Cora this is a wonderful theme and I look forward to the posts about it! Your checker board is so vintage looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great-looking board, Cora! alas, I'm afraid you've unleashed torrent of words in my post! great idea for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved chinese checkers too and played for hours and hours while I was growing up...thanks for making me remember that !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun theme this is going to be.
    great shot. great game - i used to really love Chinese checkers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous theme, Cora! I played cards with my father and grandmother and now play with my children. Time well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved playing chinese checkers and still do...I loved teaching my kids favorite games of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful!!! I never was good at checkers or chinese checkers.

    love the shot - it takes me back to the metal gameboard and the pretty marbles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Board games were HUGE in my childhood too. The game of Life was my favorite! Great shot and theme, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you posted this image, I have not thought about Chinese Checkers in too long- my goal this week, buy this game for my children! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. chinese checkers!!!! unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty image and a pretty game board!...will have to look for a pretty Chinese checkers board to play with my grandchildren!...I fondly remember playing Parcheesi with my grandmother...Love this theme!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has been a great theme. I love this photo -- really WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We played Chinese checkers and Parchesi and Life and Monopoly and Jacks and Pick-up-Sticks....all the kids in the neighborhood would congregate on each others porches and play board games in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

 
Elegant de BlogMundi