Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Love to read with a friend

I honestly cannot remember having any childhood passion other than reading.  My parents seperated when I was about 8 and later got back together to divorce when I was 12.  I just remember being confused and sad a fair bit.  But I know I loved to read and I loved my friends in our neighbourhood.  I was after all the ring leader of nearly every naughty activity that went on.  Now I love to read and I love my friends, who have changed and are still changing over the years.  I have no old books or toys, the legacy of a divorced family I suppose, so my picture is of the books I still love to read and the friends (she's a stand in ) from years gone by.

10 comments:

  1. sorry it was difficult during your childhood, that is rough.

    hope it's much better these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such personal thoughts and feelings about your passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for opening up and sharing...
    sometimes books can be a girls best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks but really everything is good now so don't worry about me at all love that you care though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing a parent whether by divorce or death is life-altering. Thankfully you retreated into books...they helped me get through some rough times, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Books and friends -- great passions that can last all our lives! I love this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...I really want to know more about all those naughty activities you were the leader of:)

    You and I share the same passion with reading...it has always been a wonderful escape through bad or stressful times...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this doll I remember having one with big eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading was always my best friend.....I want a Blythe doll!

    ReplyDelete

 
Elegant de BlogMundi