Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

orange




"She tapped her finger & nothing happened & she thought she had lost her magic, but it had only changed & it took her awhile to figure it out."

-StoryPeople
*****


I started out for a long afternoon walk - just me and my camera.
I was looking for orange...
I sat in the grass observing all the colorful leaves, sat along the side of the road while I picked some wildflowers that had gone to seed, walked in an open peanut field, walked through the woods, I even found myself stretched out in the neighbor's yard spying the last orange blooms I could find, and trying to decide which I would use for this week's challenge when this little orange beauty came fluttering by. Bright orange, unafraid, fluttering, drinking, posing.....I knew this magical girl was just what I was looking for.



20 comments:

  1. ok, I want to buy a copy of this print. Im serious. How much...Its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is gorgeous - love the focus - so crisp and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she posed for you!! What a bold pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the underside of a monarch? It is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect orange! I've never seen such a beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your walk soundly heavenly! and, this photo is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. funny...I have only one orange anything that I wear and it's one of my favorite tops now that you mention it....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breathtaking, Sandra. I shouldn't have been surprised to see your name along with this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!...Waiting for the shot to come to you was well rewarded...Amazing DOF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning and beautiful photo Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely and delicate. Your photos are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sigh...so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that is a beauty. Great catch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Elegant de BlogMundi