Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

wall of wishes

a day before the ball dropped in times square to mark the beginning of 2010, i was there adding my wishes for 2010 to the collection of confetti that would rain down at the stroke of midnight. they were then added to the wall with all the other wishes made for 2010. i made two wishes, one silly and the other a simple, but more serious wish. my first was that my husband would take over dish duty for 2010 (he he... i'm just dreaming), and my second wish was simply for peace. (more photos here...) i think next year i'll collect some wishes from people who can't go down to times square and go on down and write their wishes on confetti for them :)

12 comments:

  1. I love the images from this wall...
    So inspirational ~~

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty! I hope at least one of those wishes becomes reality..."peace" is what I would choose of your two...sorry. Keep doing the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha! i completely agree carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know they did that - how very beautiful.

    I love the thought of sending wishes out into the ether.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't know that they did that either. i had to smile when i read your post, because at this very moment...my husband is washing dishes. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful thing! I do hope that hubby does more dishes for you. Fantastic photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wall of wishes is such a wonderful idea. I, too, was unaware of that. It seems like a nice habit to start at home, in our churches, in our communities, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome.....a beautiful rainbow of wishes that come raining down on everyone!
    You have a great idea too...of doing this for others who cannot be there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That confetti wall is so cool. I love your silly wish. Whoever pick it up would have gotten a great laugh out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waaayyyy cool! Terrific image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I've never seen that before! What a wonderful capture for the theme...the best I've seen.

    ReplyDelete

 
Elegant de BlogMundi