Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Holiday Spirit

Temple Square lanterns
Lanterns of Temple Square by Lucky Candice

For whatever reason, I've been feeling the holiday spirit this year.  I'm loving the holiday music, the shopping, the treats - it's not my usual bah humbug.  Last night I went with friends down to Temple Square in Salt Lake.  They basically coat the entire place with millions of lights.  We were there at 6 p.m. as the lights popped on in the entire square.  It was seriously magical.  Above the temple and the square the sidewalks are lined with these paper lanterns.  Each has a holiday wish on it or Merry Christmas in another language.  It was one of my favorite things of the evening.

10 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. I imagine hearing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing Christmas carols would be quite an experience as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo - sounds like a lovely experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful- that would certainly get me in the Christmas spirit:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the square sounds hand looks so beautiful. I hoped it changed your outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. candlelight always puts me in the mood

    gorgeous shot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow ... what a wonderful photo, and I'll bet the sight was just fantastic. I'm trying to imagine what it would be like!

    ReplyDelete

 
Elegant de BlogMundi